Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth of July from Norbridge Antiques

I wish you, my customers, relatives, friends, and neighbours in the United States of America a happy Independence Day. I often travel to the United States for business, for vacations with my family, or to visit relatives. Going to the United States is comfortable, and easy. I always feel welcome whether I am in New York, the Midwest, the West, the South, New England, California, or Florida. Every one of these regions is different but the people are all friendly, and hospitable. America is a free country with a rich culture, and a proud history. We can appreciate the Fourth of July whether we are Americans, or not.

There are many good things about the American culture I appreciate. Americans have a sense of history, and are proud of their heritage. Every region pays tribute to its historical contribution by restoring and preserving its landmarks of architectural importance. Americans are a happy and positive people who tend to celebrate each other’s accomplishments. They are industrious, productive, and enterprising. They have shown great generosity in helping other countries in the world, and by giving opportunity to their own poor. From the beginning, Americans have striven for, and championed equality for all. What I have noticed especially about Americans, is their great self-confidence from which springs their talent for innovation. Their country itself was built on principles, and a government structure that were completely new. Innovative people find solutions when faced with the most difficult situations.

Americans celebrate each one of their holidays with great enthusiasm and patriotism. I love the red, white, and blue colours of the Independence Day celebrations. As you can see in the photos above, I like the mixing of vintage, modern, and antique. The porcelain is my favourite china pattern, Villeroy and Boch Old Luxembourg, the water glass is Orrefors crystal Intermezzo Blue, the pastry fork is Alvin sterling silver, and the crystal and sterling silver bud vase is an English antique. The wrought iron and glass table, and wrought iron chairs were made by Meadowcraft in Alabama.

The single-flower roses in the bottom two photos are the climbing rose, Fourth of July. This climber is on my garden shed and is only a year old. The red and white stripes, the name, and its timely blossoms make it a perfect climber in our celebration of this important day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments